How to prevent bleeding gums.
Last time, I've got this one problem, which is bleeding gums every time I brush my teeth...so, I decided to search from Mr. Google on how to reduce or prevent and if possible to stop bleeding gums and I found this article, I thought it will be useful if I shared it.
Bleeding gums are not uncommon, and while they can be caused by something simple like brushing too hard, they could also be caused by serious conditions such as gingivitis. A visit to your dentist is highly recommended, however you can take some steps to alleviate this problem while waiting for an appointment.
- Brush gently using a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- Gargle. The following options are available:
- Lukewarm triphala mixture. Use a cup of water and a tsp of triphala.
- Hydrogen Peroxide mixture. Use equal parts Hydrogen Peroxide and water. Be sure not to swallow the mixture.
- Use a toothpaste containing blood-root. It contains alkaloids that help to fight oral bacteria.
- Use a mouthwash containing sage oil, peppermint oil, chamomile. Avoid alcohol-based mouthwash.
- Take vitamin C supplements. Scurvy, which is caused by lack of vitamin C, can result in bleeding gums.
- Rub gums with clove oil, or chew a whole clove.
- Rub aloevera paste on your gums. Rinse well after .