Resepi | Kkakdugi (Kimchi)
Cubed Radish Kimchi, KkakdugiAuthor: Beyond Kimchee
- 2 medium size Korean radish
- ¼ cup Korean coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
- ½ large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1" piece ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoon salted shrimps
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1-2 tablespoon anchovy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Korean corn syrup or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green onion diced
- Clean the radish with a kitchen brush and rise well. Slice it into ¾-1 inch disks, then slice into cubes.
- Place the radish cubes in a large mixing bowl or in a kitchen sink (with the drainage closed), sprinkle salt and 2 tablespoon sugar, and toss well. Let them sit for 45-60 minutes tossing once to soak evenly. Rinse the radish once and drain well.
- Put the radish in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Korean chili flakes and toss. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine onion, garlic, ginger, salted shrimps, and milk. Process until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add 4 tablespoon Korean chili flakes, anchovy sauce, and corn syrup (or sugar). Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the radish cubes and green onion, pour the chili filling, and toss all together until every radish cubes are well coated with the filling. Taste and adjust seasoning with more anchovy sauce and sugar according to your taste.
- Transfer the radish kimchi into an airtight container and let it sit in the room temperature for 1-2 days, then store in the refrigerator for 7 days for a good fermentation before you serve. Enjoy!