Sustainable Smart Living House.
|Credits : http://www.novaiskra.com|
- Purchase 5-star energy efficient fans and use appropriate fan speed. Use only when needed.
- Use suitable night curtains to reduce heat and get a good sleep, During day, use suitable curtain.
- Don't take unnecessary long showers to conserve energy and also water consumption.
- Buy solar water heater if possible and just use when it necessary.
- Unplug shavers, hairdryers and other beauty tools once you have finished using it.
- If you use a battery-powered beauty tools or tooth brush, use rechargeable energy sufficient batteries.
- Minimize the usage of the water and reuse water whenever possible.
- Repair leaks as soon as they are discovered.
- Unplug router when not in use to save energy and to protect it from electric surges during thunderstorms.
- Use task lighting to light up work desk.
- Turn off all plugs when not in use and don't forget to unplug.
- Use energy efficient lighting.
- Use daylight sensor / auto sensor light to ensure the light will be turned on / off when needed.
|Credits : http://freshome.com|
- Make use of natural light as much as possible.
- Buy 5-star energy efficient television, if possible.
- Turn off all plugs (television/DVD player/radio/Astro) when not in use and don't forget to unplug.
- If possible, purchase a surge protector that can allow you to shut off power to all entertainment electronics in one click.
- Use furniture manufactured from locally-sourced material with cooling properties such as bamboo and teak.
- Use suitable curtains to reduce heat.
- Reheat or cook in smaller portion.
- If possible, buy 5-star energy efficient microwave to reheat or just use the stove.
- Iron as many clothes as possible at one time.
- Wash your cloth using the washing machine when only in full loads.
- Use the power of sun to dry the cloth instead of using the cloth dryers.